We sincerely believe that all animals left without home deserve a second chance, so we take care of them, heal them and do everything we can to find their dream home. Animal rescue organization “Lesė” was found in 2007. Currently, we have two sub-units – in Vilnius and Kaunas. Our goal is finding home for all sheltered animals, thus they stay in the shelter until they find new owners or die of old age. The organization is based on people who volunteer at the shelter.
Our main activities
- Pet neutering and carrying out “Catch, neuter, release” program
- Temporary foster care for pets
- Search of new homes for animals
- Animal rescue and treatment
- Donated, lost and found animals webpage administration at www.gyvunugloba.lt
- Reducing the number of stray animals in a humane way
- Finding new homes for foster pets
- Development and implementation of an efficient animal rescue system
- Establishing an animal shelter that meets European Union standards
- Organizing and fulfilling public education programs concerning the activities of the organization and animal care in Lithuania
- Sharing information that contributes to animal welfare
- Providing high-quality supervision for sheltered animals
We seek to continue being an organization that actively improves the situation of stray animals throughout Lithuania, defends and fights for animal rights and develops a responsible attitude towards animals.